As the world of dance music descends upon Miami for another musical gathering bringing together all sides of the industry, from agents to promoters to labels and dance floor enthusiasts – it is no question that the ever evolving dance music industry continues to blossom, maintaining stronger than ever. With that in mind we’ve put together a list of our top 10 events for Miami Music Week, spanning across multiple genres with plenty of beeps and boops for everyone to get down to.
* Incorrect Party – Heart Nightclub Wednesday 3/21 – As house music goes, one of the leaders of the Chicago house movement has been Anthony Attalla. From curating dance floor lineups for some of your favorite festivals like Groove Cruise, to curating top notch musical releases through his Incorrect record label imprint, Anthony takes on Miami Music Week with full force hosting his Incorrect Music label party at . Stacking the lineup he invites Stefano Noferini, Pirupa, Prok & Fitch + more
* MixMash Pool Party – Delano Beach Club Thursday 3/22 – Are you ready to rock with the best? Well Laidback Luke and the MixMash Records crew invite you to ‘Rock With The Best’ at what has been claimed to be the pool party of the week year after year – going on it’s 9th. Legendary for its B2B2B sets that have featured the likes of Laidback Luke, Diplo, Calvin Harris, Afrojack and more, we highly recommend you arrive early so you don’t miss any of the action and take in the sun to some of the top Electronic Dance Music artists in town with confirmed talent including A-trak, Blasterjaxx, Laidback Luke, Jonas Blue + more.
* Resistance – Though it is not an event of its own in America yet (check out the upcoming Resistance festival in Mexico City for info), the movement that’s been part of bringing the underground movement above ground certainly deserves a mention on our MMW event recommendations. Developed through the Ultra Music Festival brand, the RESISTANCE mission has been nothing short of impressive, elevating the sounds of house and techno handpicking a diverse yet cohesive lineup establishing itself as a leader of the American underground sounds. With names like Danny Tenaglia, Jamie Jones, Maceo Plex (at the Resistance Carl Cox Megastructure), Frankie Bones, Josh Wink, Stephan Bodzin, Sasha & Digweed + many more at the Arcadia Spider, you WON’T want to miss it!
* Uprise Music – Epic Hotel (Downtown) 3/22 – Miami Beach and rooftop pool parties go together like PB&J, and the Uprise Music party will certainly live up to its ‘Miami lifestyle’ expectations with many special surprise guests adding to the lineup featuring Loud Luxury, Kryder, CAZZTEK, London Bridge and more.
All going down at the EPIC HOTEL pool 270 Biscayne Blvd Way, Miami, FL 33131
* MNTRA 3/20 1306 North Miami – If you’re looking to get into the dark techno side in your soul, Las Vegas’ leading Techno curators descend upon South Beach for a Techno Taco Tuesday (Miami Edition) featuring Pirupa, Doc Martin, Sydney Blu. Stay up late with the crew at from 8pm-5am and welcome a new day to some serious techno.
* Spinnin Sessions – 3/21 Nautilus Hotel – One of the great leaders of the dance music label world, Spinnin’ Records, returns to MMW with its’ ‘Spinnin Sessions’ hotel party hosting a slew of AAA artists. All going down at the “Spinnin Hotel”, it’s no doubt that the surprises will be spectacular with announced artists featuring Deorro, Timmy Trumpet, Ummet Ozcan + special guests
* Rice & Beats – Friday 3/23 – House heads unite as the Don of house – DJ Sneak – serves up a proper dish of house music at ‘Rice & Beats’. Powered by Traxsource, Sneak has invited his friends lining up a delicious lineup featuring Kenny Dope, Oscar G, DJ Sneak, live performances, food & drinks to 1800Lucky 143 NW 23rd St from Noon to 4pm
* Above & Beyond – 3/22 – If you’ve yet to experience an RC Cola event – this Thursday is the day to do it. Following the screening of their new film, Above & Beyond present an eclectic merging of sounds at the RC Cola Plant with special guests featuring Seven Lions, Gabriel & Dresden, Alpha 9 (Arty’s alter ego) b2b Spencer Brown and more. Arrive early.
* ‘C U Next Thursday’ – 3/22 at Escape Lounge – Stepping outside the south beach vibes, the warm up party for Ft Lauderdale locals before heading to Miami for the Ultra madness is hosted at the two-story nightclub complete with a DAS sound system, 10K LED Color Changing Lights and enough NO2 nitrogen cannons to keep you cool in the hottest of dance clubs. Featuring resident DJ Lindsey Bell, DJ IDeaL and Tara Filoon, join in on the fun going from 10pm-4am with free entry and plenty to drink with a $20 hosted bar – 300 SW 1st Avenue #145 Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33301
* Ultra Music Festival – 3/23 – 3/25 – Without a question Miami Music Week comes to a climax as the gates open up Friday afternoon for Ultra at Bayfront Park. The event that has transformed Miami, Winter Music Conference and the electronic dance music industry standard of festivals celebrates it’s 20th anniversary. Notorious for its legendary surprise performances that have included the likes of Madonna, Usher and more in the past has kept the rumors on max as we get closer. Could Swedish House Mafia reunite on the main stage? Would the infamous robots finally come out of hiding? Or will the funk-soul-brother be the surprise we’ve all been waiting for? Find out this weekend at Ultra Music Festival!